TORTUGA CODE OF CONDUCT
Tortuga Pirate Festival is dedicated to providing an inclusive and harassment free experience for
everyone regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disabilities, neurodiversity,
ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, physical appearance, body size, or any other protected
category. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and take violations of our policies seriously and
will respond appropriately.
When attending this event, all event attendees agree to:
1. Adhere to the Consent Policy. This event is a safe place for everyone.
2. Be excellent to each other. Participate while acknowledging that everyone deserves to be here and
each of us has the right to enjoy our experience without fear of harassment, discrimination, or
condescension, whether blatant or via micro-aggressions.
3. Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated and you are empowered to use
your voice when you or other are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be
aware of what they are doing and bringing it to their attention is encouraged. If someone engages in
harassing behavior, the autocrats or constabulary may take any action they deem appropriate, including
warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. If you are being harassed or feel
uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact
a member of staff immediately.
4. Adhere to US and Oregon laws at all times. All attendees must be over 21 years of age (see #7 for
exception). Smoking is only allowed in designated areas. Cannabis is not allowed to smoke in public
areas. While there should be no minors on site, we still reserve the right to check IDs to ensure there is
no underage drinking or smoking at our event. Each party and encampment bar is responsible for
ensuring that there is no underage drinking within their party and for IDing any person provided alcohol
that looks under 35 years of age as required by Oregon Law.
5. All parties or encampment bars must have water readily available and easily accessible. We also
encourage that other non-alcoholic beverages and food be available. Each party, encampment bar, and
camp is responsible for the safety and well being of every person while they are in their space. If they
are unable to maintain that safety or care for an individual, they are responsible for asking for
appropriate assistance depending on the situation, i.e. calling a medic, constab, autocrat, or EMS.
6. All sexual activities must be confined to personal encampments and must be hidden from public view.
All sexual activities including viewing require consent from all who may come in contact with the act.
7. The only minors allowed at event are babes in arms. Babes in arms are defined as children under the
age of one. Minors must be monitored by their parent/guardian who is responsible for their care and
safety at all times. If a minor is not properly cared for or attended to, the parent/guardian and minor will be
asked to leave the event for the safety of the minor.
8. All pets must have proof of current immunization and be registered at gate. Pets must be kept on a
leash, monitored, and cleaned up after. If a pet is aggressive, not monitored, or causes any other
problems, the pet and owner will be asked to leave the event.
9. Respect the space of others. Make your best attempt to not walk through the camps of others,
announce yourself and ask permission when entering another’s camp, and generally be a good
neighbor. Do not pour your grease into your neighbors’ camp areas (we have specific areas this needs
to be dumped) and if you have a shower, watch where your water drains.
10. Ensure that you leave your site clean and in the condition you found it in. You must be off site
before 12:00pm (Noon) on Monday Sept 3, 2018. Failing to comply to leave site on time will result in
penalties that could include loss of land grants, the expectation to leave events a day early in the future,
and even an event ban if the behavior is habitual. We are fined for each individual on site past our